Thursday, August 28, 2008

And thats the 50

When I started all this, I didn't know if I was going to be able to keep it up for long. So tonight I'm enjoying a Black Mac (I've run out of my own homebrew).
Further to this weeks witterings, here's an early proof of concept model that I knocked up in an afternoon.


A correct wheelbase De underframe built from the bogies of a kato Bo-Bo-Bo electric using the worm drives, and a tenshedo motor from a SPUD power unit thingy. The frames are built up brass held together at each end with PCB. It does run, just not very well, and needs some weight (and the correct bogie side frames as well).

Now if an old luddite like me can do it, surely one of these smart young things can sort out a decent way of doing this.
(And where are the piles of pictures flying in of models everyone else is making? NZ120 only please, though I've seen some very nice pictures today of a 9mm scale Dg. The builder reports that after 15 years in NZ120, 9mm is really quite simple)

No comments: