Thursday, August 07, 2008

Thursday Night Show

Its that time of the month again, and it was time to go to the NZR railway modelers group local. I brought along the pair of Da's, and this provoked an interesting question and answer session on the differences between phase I, II and III models. After this had finished, the minute keeper duly informed us that this was the first time in 26 years that the group had had a discussion on Da's. Important information that, I've never broken a long standing record.

There has also been some interest in the Air portable layouts, with some interesting suggestions being made. I've also come across a website which has some interesting links on module construction; http://www.hotrak.com/?cat=3. Its in HO scale, but I've not managed to come across anything equivalent in N scale, which given the popularity of NTRAK is rather strange.

I've also wondered about getting a blog hit counter. I know of about 6 people who have found this blog, but I'm still only #25 in the Google searches. Maybe I should do a post with NZ120 repeated 500 times to skew the results.

To finish, something completely different. Comedian Eddie Izzard routine with Lego. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZVjKlBCvhg

1 comment:

HOtrak said...

Hi, My site, HOtrak.com, is intended to include more than just HO scale. For example, Z module standards are here: http://www.hotrak.com/?p=92
I am in the process of changing the name to Modular-Model-Railroads.com to help indicate the site is not HO only. I am also working on a post on NZ120, which I had not found before.
Thanks,
Rob