Thursday, September 04, 2008

Its about time...

...Someone sent me in a picture of their modeling. And the first prize goes to ECMT for this.
'My version of an F plough van ( or how to butcher an innocent resin kit ). No, don't be fooled by the deceptive appearances - this ISN'T an RP model. The basis is a Cross Creek 30 ft F van. These don't come with a roof, couplers, or bogies. I added bits of styrene for the plough, a piece of rimu half round moulding for the roof, bits of wire from a wire brush for handrails. I would have used the brush wire for the verandah railings, but it's a sod to solder, so I used brass wire instead. Not as fine but ok. The other bits added were from one of Pat Eade's F kits - bogies, roof ventilators, steps and couplers. The only thing left to do - get a decal set made for the doors. What would I do differently ? Don't try and be clever and make the handrails stand out from the model. I tried that on the main doors, didn't like it and just CA'ed the others directly on. I have 2 done, 2 more to do to create a short work train of 1 F, 2 Yc's, and 1 Nc.'

Oh, and sorry theres no prize. :v)

1 comment:

Kiwibonds said...

Borat says: very niiiice.