Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Kiwibonds to the rescue

Things have been a bit slow here of late. Just your typical lack of motivation. Meanwhile, in the wilds of long island, no such problems. More pictures of a Di almost complete.



And how are the bogies done?


"Didn’t look so good yesterday morning. As you can see, the big sidesprings are actually springs… ex rapido coupler springs on those old MDC bogies I guess. Brake cyls look ok from 10 feet – bits of sprue that come with MT trucks. Wee springs are bits of the bolts that you use to attach MT couplers.

A big thank you to all our bogie and coupler suppliers…"

(I'm not quite sure what the arrows are pointing/not pointing to)

3 comments:

Kiwibonds said...

Dat's where dem Injuns slowed me darn.

Or the bits of metal removed from the chassis.

Can't remember which.

Southern Rails said...

Mate. The DI is fantastic. I'm a big fan of of the DI's even though I have never seen one for real. A great idea for a layout with a DI would be one based on the Hawkes Bay in the late 80's. DA, DBR, DC and DI class locos, blue Z wagons on the daily passenger train.... I think I feel a layout idea coming.

lalover said...

michael, you're speaking the right language, post the pictures when ready