Saturday, November 15, 2008

layout erection

(Dare I add V..gra to see the search hits I'd get, and expand my blog to a new group of readers?).
Yesterday I trekked out to the only model railway shop in the area (a 40 minute bike ride) to buy some more track bits. Today I actually got a chance to lay the track on my 3 small modules. I then decided to reorganise the disaster/work bench. Note the impressive polystyrene column balancing the end of the modules. I might staple it together later with some cardboard. I now have a test track of 6', with a 15" radius curves which the 4-8-2's will run around quite happily (well, without falling off).


The plan at the moment is to build a wharf at the right, where there is still 4' of space down one wall, and expand round to the left, possibly a small passing station, and then onto an 8' main yard down the other wall. Also you can see that the 60cm by 20cm modules don't have a large footprint, so there is not the feeling of taking over the room with the railway (although I already have 'annexed' the room with all my wargaming stuff).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you need to talk to the Landlord about those curtains....

RAB said...

If I do that the rent might go up...

lalover said...

forget about the curtains, get some grass growing on the mud or it'll slip away!