Saturday, December 27, 2008

Exhibition layouts

I've been thinking more about odd shaped layouts. The only New Zealand feature I can think of that would work like this would be the Raurimu spiral. I don't think anyone in this country has made a decent attempt at this in model form. Plus you would be looking at a layout that would be at least 8' square. OK for a home layout but not that great for an exhibition layout. On the RM web forum I've been looking at some of the layouts there. One thing that has struck me is the large number of layouts built for the exhibition circuit there. In NZ we build layouts for display, at maybe 3-4 shows a year ( and that's a high number only if you travel long distances). The UK circuit you could manage a show every weekend if you were so inclined.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

How about Kia Iwi
i have built an exhibition layout with an idea from Michael Gee in 3/16th it folds up and measures 2000x800x600 so fits in the back of the Previa
i reckon this would be a prefect model for you NZ120 guys

Hey Ev want me to make you a KiaIwi NZ120 layout??