Thursday, January 15, 2009

Sacrilege?


I've been looking at the 2 4-8-2's sitting on my work bench for the last while. I'm not having much success moving the project along to build a couple of Ja's, basically because I can't seem to solve the problems of where to hang stuff off, and building front ends, boilers, cabs and tenders etc. The thing that bugs me most is that the wheels are far too small and look it. If I do build a Ja its aways going to look wrong no matter how detailed it is.
So, what are the options. One that did initially appeal was the X, the original mountain class. Hmmm, ugly and useless.

The second one (which came to me in the shower this morning; where do you do your best thinking?), which some would argue is equally ugly and useless is...

The wheelbase and driver size is spot on. The top is easy to build. I wanted a pair for the layout anyway and was thinking of using Kato mikados until the Peso of the south pacific collapsed (Fiji has Coups and the exchange rate doesn't change for gawds sakes).
I'm awfully tempted. maybe a bit more than that.

1 comment:

ECMT said...

Sacriledge indeed !
I'll stick to the Ja plan for mine.

" where do you do your best thinking ? " - on the bog while reading a back issue of the Journal :v

Where's the hordes of regular hecklers - still sunning it up somewhere ?