Friday, February 06, 2009

Bit of a gap

Bit of a pause between posts here. I've just had a few other things to do lately (patents suck, but I think I've said that before). about the only things I've done this week have been to break plastic on some Ed sides. however my laminations have not worked well, a check think morning reveals that i either need to have a rethink on what I'm doing or find a prototype Ed with very bendy sides.

Group meeting last night was interesting. Several members have brought the recently released S scale dubs A kit (which is a very nice bit of work BTW Mark). then one of the funniest things I've heard this week, 'but its just so small and hard to assemble'. I did have to laugh out loud.

There was also a discussion on hand laying track in S scale, with some very nice examples being displayed (and some huge complex pieces that were about 5' long). it does get one thinking.

Does any reader know of anyone who has been dumb enough (no offense) to hand lay their own track in this scale. I remember 15 odd years ago at a club meeting in the Hutt Valley where someone was talking about it in Z scale, but i think he was all wind and I never saw any results.

will not be blogging till Sunday as I'm off to Blenheim for a weekend of Blues Brews and BBQ's, which will mostly consist of me indulging in a favorite pastime; beer tasting.

1 comment:

ECMT said...

Wes had a go at handlaying track :
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NZ120/photos/album/1318502745/pic/list