Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Almost but not quite

I received in the mail today some initial test turnings for a 4'6" driver, namely the tires for the wheel.
the picture demonstrates why when dealing with an engineer (however skilled they might be, and Alan is very good), unless theres an entirely accurate drawing then the following may happen. To explain i sent the wheel set to him to show him the tire profile I wanted. Thats fine, but the message about the insert got lost somewhere along the way. Maybe I can soup up Darryls Df with these and we can go cruising in Taranaki on the milk trains.


Also shown for scale is the kato Mikado mech, to show the vast difference in wheel sizes. the Bachmann 4-8-2 drives are only 1/2 a mm bigger than this, while the one on the right is 0.25mm undersize.

Now I just have to work out where my drawing board went to...

No comments: