Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Quick update

Just a couple of pictures of the railcar tonight to show you how brutal a camera close up is (the black lines are gap filler and not huge gaps)


While I'm not sure if the pictures show it particularly well, I'm not convinced that there's enough curve in the top or sides, and there not much metal left in the roof after the filing I've already done. While I do like the result, I'm just aware that with a bit more planning by the designer, it could have been much better.

3 comments:

beaka said...

nice job so far. I always had fond memories of these coming and going from Blenheim station when I was a young lad. the roof looks fine to me.

lalover said...

The length looks a little short, but may be due to the angle of pic, or bulk of roof.
You'll have fun adding the drivers doors!

Motorised Dandruff said...

The Length is spot on. The roof problem is that there should be a more visable curve to it at the tops of the doors, as the angle here is nt steep enought. I'll try to track down a photo to demonstrate this tonight.