Saturday, June 06, 2009

Manly pusuits

This afternoon, it was time to again face my fear of homicidal power tools. this afternoons chosen weapon was a saw bench I had borrowed from a workmate (cheer's Mark).


I had carefully done the calculations to cut up the sheets of MDF several times. however the best laid plans of mice and men often fail when confronted by power tools. I had problems keeping everything straight. Hopefully I can sort this out at the assembly stage.


Note the large gap at the far side. with a bit of work I think I can close this up....

And at the finish? It appears that I still have a full set of fingers.

3 comments:

lalover said...

Well done on the finger front!

Oh and the layout boards as well.
I seem to recall an article in Model Railroader, many years ago with an 'N' layout to similar design. Will hunt it out.

Anonymous said...

I don't know how much wood work you done before. When you are using a saw of any type you also have to allow for 4 mm's as this is generally the width of the saw blade.

Motorised Dandruff said...

Thats why I always measure from the cutting edge of the blade to the guide (I did woodwork when I was 12 does this count?)