Saturday, June 20, 2009

A request

I was going to write a post about painting figures (I've done a wee bit of it over the years). However I had been going to use Railmaster S scale figures to illustrate various techniques I use. I had forgotten just how crap the sculpting of the figures is. Admittedly they are over 40 years old, but some of its still pretty horrible. Some of the faces bring to mind the 'face on Mars', and there's a lack of detail on anything. So, what I'm wondering is if there is anyone out there with 5-10 Preiser TT scale figures that would like them painted to a better than commercial standard?
(Darryl, don't worry, I've almost finished them)

UPDATE; I now have an offer for some figures, so I don't need any more.

1 comment:

lalover said...

What do you mean 'face on Mars!'
I thought that they had been formed from space debris, from satelites re-entering earths atmosphere!
Amateur archeologists used to organise mushroom picking events to locate the tiny figures and extract them from the cold earth!

Preiser did TT????