Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Boxing on

Tonight its Ed time again. I had mentioned in a previous post that I was intending to start with the roof and build down. Plan B has wrapped that up and tossed it out the window. Instead I decided to build the sides box up and glue it onto the frame. the correct sides (Hutt and Addington) were placed together, and assembled into a box with pieces of plasticard. These were cut so to avoid the mechanism, and also to allow for the addition of a DCC decoder later (I think I can fit an Ho chip in, and they are much cheaper than the N scale ones).
While letting the assemblies dry, I marked out on the frame where the ends of the box should fit, and then simply glued them on. All rather simple and anticlimactic.

It's just reminded me how butt ugly these things really were (but very European)

No comments: