Saturday, July 25, 2009

Book corner

Today I made a rare trip to the library (I was on my way to Resenes to get some paint and just happened to be passing). The book I did find that I've wanted to read for a long time is 'When Nelson had a railway'. Its a very good collection of photo's of the local railway throughout its history. What I found particularly interesting was the documentation of the removal of the entire line. I've only seen anything similar with the removal of the Otago central line.

Being involved with the local group (some of whom model the Nelson line) its interesting to look at why you would model the line. Its even come up that an attempt should be made to build a club layout modeling some of the scenes. The major problem I have is that while the line had 4 Wf's, only one was ever in steam at once, and the only time there were really 2 running was during the lifting of the line. So you can have a large layout, but only 1 engine in steam at any one time, which doesn't really appeal to me.

Don't worry folks, tomorrow night its back to Trackgang reviews, with a look at the 6' coach bogies.

No comments: