Saturday, November 21, 2009

Saturday again

Looks like its going to be a quiet weekend modeling wise here at Chateau dandruff. the warmer weather seems to mean there is more stuff for me to do away from the bench.

So, thinking time this weekend will involve how to best motorise the Ew. I'm considering either all wheel drive (could be a tricky driveshaft set up beyond my my engineering skills) or just powering the 2 outer bogies and have 2 motors (which could limit the minimum radius it will run on, but will be far easier).

UPDATE: Having been round the shops in town, I spotted in the local book store a book comprising pictures taken by Whites Aviation in the 50's and 60's. these aerial shots are very handy modeling tools to see station building layouts, and how the railway relates to the rest of the landscape. From my fast flick through there seems to be some thought provoking shots for model design. Its $60 and I'm awfully tempted to buy a copy, even possibly more than getting a copy of Derek Cross' book from last year.

1 comment:

lalover said...

How mounting the motor on the middle bogey, and running shafts with flex connectors (aka North Yard style) out to each outer bogey?