Thursday, January 07, 2010

The future just arrived on my workbench.

Just a quick post today as my parents are visiting. So before we have the morning pill taking ritual (its sort of like a Japanese tea making ceremony) and load the wheelchairs into the car for a trip somewhere...

The goodies they arrived with were; a set of Ed wheel overlays, a J sheep wagon and Ia etches.
The Ed bits were unfortunately the wrong size ( who would have guessed that the diameter over the tread was different from the front diameter...) so I'll have to wait for another set.

The J sheep wagon was a sight to behold. Looking at it on its sheet I was impressed by all the spider webby stuff (plus it smells of burnt wood, which I find quite pleasant. Future models in an aromatic plywood please). Getting it off the backing paper was a bit of a chore, but only took 5 minutes. I had to have a quick check with Amateur Fetler to see just how it all went together. I'm happy to report that there were no major drama's (well, none that can't be fixed in the mk 3 version). It is fiddly and delicate, but its still quite strong.


Now I guess I'm forced to sort out a chassis worthy of it.

2 comments:

outbackiwi said...

all i can say is dam that is looking nice

lalover said...

Agreed!