Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Ew project pt IV

After my rash purchases last weekend and subsequent diet of toast for the week, I started doing some work with them last night. I've now decided on mounting the motor centrally, and driving the 2 outer bogies.


The center bogie will hold the motor mount and also pickup power (one can never have enough pickups, which the S scale guys don't quite seen to understand yet). This is a check to see that the drive shaft offsets are not too extreme when running round a curve (I think about 600mm radius, the template just below it is 1750mm and its quite a bit tighter. There is also enough space to add some flywheels at each end of the motor.
(I spent 10 minutes hunting through boxes tonight for the 2nd worm drive I had purchased for the first iteration of this project. The penny finally dropped and I remembered that it was in the twinset railcar. Bugger)

No comments: