Monday, April 19, 2010

In Limbo


This was going to be a discussion about how I am making my first piece of track (the crossover by the electric loco sidings). Unfortunately we have hit a problem; The lady of the house has an aversion to metal filing in earshot, and refuses to move out to the garage.
Thus work will have to be on a go slow (after she has gone to bed) until later in the week when I have some time alone.

I'll also point out that no, my eyesight has not packed up, the light/magnification device is 'borrowed' from work to test its properties. My early thoughts are that there are some things I really just don't want to know about, and the rest of the time it just seems to get in the way.
I'll give it a few more weeks, but I think it will be heading back to work for someone else to acquire.

2 comments:

Kiwibonds said...

I think these are pretty useful. Not every day, but when doing extradetailing and fine painting. Mine's pretty scratched up but useful nonetheless.

lalover said...

Why's the desk so tidy????? :-0

I often think that a device like that would get in the way as well, so i reach for the magnifying glasses from Warehouse.