Friday, August 06, 2010

Monthly support group

Went along to the meeting last night. The group has purchased some new tools from England (gear pullers and sheet brass rollers etc) and these were shown off last night. Nice bits of kit, and I might even be able to roll Ka boilers on them. I took along the 2mm association bits and this brought out the optivisors, and again the larger scale chaps were impressed.

One thing that was broached was that perhaps now with so many bits of model making kit, perhaps the group should look into getting some practical experience building kits. There are at least 3 unstarted dubs A kits locally, plus some others I think ts a good idea, and might have some ideas of my own to pursue (though not in any large daft scale)

Link for the day; Up to the day pictures of the new Dl class. Still not sure about the looks ( a 'butterface' would be the best description) but I guess someone knows what they are doing.

2 comments:

Michael Adams said...

I'm with you on the looks. What's under the "cheek" grills on the front there?
And to think the Australians managed to home brew this: http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=294305

Anonymous said...

not really, it's only a GE AC44 in a new dress...

...I like the look of the new DL in the KR livery

steve w.

I'm your 'manitou', give me your money too...