Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Unveiling secrets?

We have been kicking round ideas for the layout competition behind the scenes her on the blog, with a few in a fairly concrete form.

The question that I have for all you would be entrants out there is; do you want to see some ideas published, or do you feel that having ideas out there that are potentially close to your entry may lessen its chances of winning if its seen to be a 'copy' of someone else's thoughts.

Regardless of this, I will be publishing my ongoing efforts to build my layout. I'd encourage everyone else to do the same.

4 comments:

steve w. said...

go on then, I am always interested in sources where I can borow ideas for my own projects...

cheers...
steve w.

Sarah 'paling'

greg said...

I concur with Steve's encouragement - the more ideas the merrier and it may entice some of the lurkers and armchair dwellers out into the light to try something themselves - publish and be d*****

Anonymous said...

Competition? I view it as a Challenge. I'm not entering for an kudos, but rather the sheer pleasure and challenge of designing and constructing a micro-layout. As you may be aware I have been detailing my thoughts , processes and now, building progress on my Challenge entry: the United Empire Box Co. Ltd. Siding.

Aye, as Steve & Greg said: publish and be d*****.

Motorised Dandruff said...

I'm just in it to try some new techniques that I've had my eye on for a while, and to actually complete something for a change!