Friday, September 17, 2010

How not to do it

I've heard stories of modelers struggling to assemble their Trackgang Dx and Df kits without bending any of the whitemetal bits. It appears that you may not be on your own with this problem.


Notice how the modeler has made the mistake of bending the body sides to match the footplate, rather than the other way round. This is a simple error often made by the inexperienced.

(I must get Mr Bond to reserect his modelers notes slideshow for a more modern audience. Oh, and cheers to Drew for this)

3 comments:

RKBL said...

hmmm so my Trackgang DX may be resirectable as it's got bends in the foot plate

coasterboy said...

I knew my models looked real!And you lot quietly snigger at any pics I have posted over at nz120,hehe.

manaia said...

I usto think the lazer eched DX in styrene plasic was peerfect, but! I see perfection just ant right.
Might I sagest some solder iron inpout>