Tuesday, October 05, 2010

Making Work Fun

Am_Fet writes:

Lately I've been spending far too long at work. In fact, its getting to the stage where I am creating "Time in Lieu" faster than I can spend it. I've got 2 days up my sleeve and if I dont use them this week that figure will have magically climbed another day.

I'm sure others appreciate my place of employment. Why, even the Head Druff rang this afternoon inquiring "Wheres that train we saw half an hour ago on the Cobden Bridge?". Luckily he had chosen just that moment and found me walking through Train Control, so it was a mere formality to stick my head through the next door and get the guff from TCO Paul Strickland....I'm expecting photos from around Moana when he's back.

The down side to this "Live to Work" lifestyle is that the remaining hours in the day are taken up with family, leaving little (read "no") time for anything else. Even McChicken has achieved more than me recently, which is saying something (However, come November he'll have joined "The Firm" and Train Control School will kill his hobby hours as well...Mwahahahaha)

However, there is a little light on the horizon....introducing "Da Lab":



This is the radio teams lab tucked in behind train control, and already I've started to surreptitiously move my stuff in (for instance, the two brown coffee cups and the empty V bottle are mine).

My cunning plan is to move in a selection of my modeling guff from home and hide away here during my lunch hour (minute?) and actually get something done. No need to poison the kids with soldering and glue fumes, take the proactive stance and knock out the countries train controllers! DB is constantly "guiding" me to continue on with the DAR, so it may well be the first project to get "Da Lab Treatment".

If questioned, I'll just admit to taking "Bring a Train to Work Day" just a bit too far....I wonder if I can get the Jigger up the lift??

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Must admit that I have thought of making use of the compressor at work to do some airbrushing. At the moment I hand paint my models and sometimes I feel the results could be better.

You are going to have fun finding a corner to work on that bench. How come radio tech work benches are all the same? Looks a lot like mine.

reculat - pressed the record button too late

Weka