Saturday, December 18, 2010

Wander lust

Time for a bit of an update here this morning.

Things in the real world here have been a bit up in the air over the last couple of months job wise. I've not been overly happy in my present position throughout this year, which I think has come through in some of the blog posts. To cut a long story short, I resigned my job a couple of weeks ago. It was one of those things which had been building for some time, and I just woke up one morning and thought 'today's the day'. As with any decision like this, once made, it was a load off my mind, and I was a completely new man (or back to the old me; take your pick).

Moving on from this, I've yesterday accepted a new job in a different location. Its a sensible career move and my new company is known in the industry as being an exceptionally good employer. I'll also be working for/with an old friend which I'm quite looking forward to. Unfortunately this will involve moving Chateau Dandruff (and all the packing that entails).


So, I guess that the one thing that you can expect is that things will continue to be rather haphazard over the next couple of months. I'm hoping that eventually this will sort itself out.

And as to where I'm moving? I'm not going to reveal it yet, but its a location that the best thing that can be said about it is that its close to a lot of other places...

3 comments:

sxytrain said...

All the best for the New Year and the challenges it may bring.

steve o said...

good luck with the move and the new job...

"jacesse" steve o

Glen Anthony said...

Thanks for all the blogs during the year Rhys (and others).
I usually catch up at least twice a week, even if I don't build in this scale any more.

I have also resigned my job, (5 working days left to go before I finish!) and I will be starting a new job in a different industry next year.

Being in a job that you are not happy with doesn't help your creativity. To start with you can use modelling as an outlet to get away from your job, but eventually it drags you down and I haven't done any significant modelling for months now. Hopefully that may change over Christmas.

Have a good Christmas and good luck with the move!

Glen Anthony.