Monday, January 17, 2011

Bah Humbug

If there is one thing that I really really hate its moving house. it just seems to be a complete waste of time to put all ones possessions into boxes, then take them out several days later. There is also the loss of modeling time, bits that you really wanted etc.....

So, while stuff all is happening apart from me waving various cleaning implements, a couple of links to some nice kettle photos from 1963 and 1964.
Lots of good modeling stuff there, even if you like shiny new boxes. I'm still surprised to see collections like this coming out of the woodwork occasionally, but its good to seethat there is still an untapped treasure trove of pictures waiting to be discovered.

3 comments:

woodsworks said...

I found a pic of Timaru in that collection showing a lovely old brick warehouse opposite the signal box....heaven!

I periodically pick an area in my workshop, shift everything away somewhere else, then clean and put most stuff back. It's amazing what treasures I rediscover when doing this; junk gets thrown or given away, old projects get completed, and order gets reestablished (at least for a little while, anyway)....shifting house is just the most extreme form of cleaning house like this ;-)

Anonymous said...

Those photo collections - amazing! I don't much like those hissy things, but wow some of those photos are enough to turn anyone! Meanwhle best wishes and happy landings in your new abode. SteveF

sxytrain said...

I do hope the shift north has gone well. I suppose its now a case of finding a place for all the boxes to be unpacked.