Sunday, January 02, 2011

On Tour III; Southland sojourn pt II

Following on from Gorrre, I then headed up to Mandeville to see what the preservation site looked like. The answer is......


...A collection of bits in a paddock beside the aviation museum. Its the first preservation site I've seen without any track, well apart from this bit.

'Just what I was looking for'

I must confess to preferring the restored version of K92 to its older sibling K88, which to my mind looks a bit too garish. I like the idea of modeling them as they were in later years with light trains on Southland branch lines (which could lead to a whole other post at some point).

Onto Lumsden, and the station there, though its a pity there is no longer a rail yard to serve it.

Finally, keeping ones eyes off the road does pay off with discoveries like this, which is the old Center Bush goods shed slowly falling apart in a paddock.

1 comment:

manaia said...

thats gore post ofice station