Sunday, April 17, 2011

Wagon time

From the dandruff wagon workshops this past weekend.

Quite a while ago (ie I can't remember at all) I received a casting for an R1 from Christchurch which i had never seen before. I had some old crappy Atlas bogies attached to it and was planning to put it in the coaling track in the loco depot on the layout. However I was sitting at the workbench looking at the 2mm etched bogies I had assembled and suddenly though, "I wonder if they will fit under that?'

The answer is obvious. Now all it needs is the underframe details and its done. I just have to come up with a wagon load for it.


I also tried some bogies that I've recently come into under the Yd. While not quite correct, they are free rolling and have NMRA standard wheelsets.

1 comment:

steve w. said...

is it just me or is the Yd riding a bit high... ?

cheers...
steve w.

'nosilyp' - nice Sharon... 8-P