Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Trackmaking XXIX

A session out in the Man-sion at the weekend saw the point actuators for board 1 progressed a bit more. I had thought about how I was going to mount the switches, and after wondering about how I was going to cut and drill aluminium sheet, finally decided on my old fall back, bits of plywood. the switches were mounted in place with wood screws, and the cabling was held in place with computer cable tidier naily thingummies. This seems to be ridged enough but I will add some glue to hold everything in place as well.

'Dead sexy that is....'

Compared to my normal work its almost tidy. It also seems to work OK.

I'm going to have to sit down and make a list of the jobs that I need to do. Things occur in a bit haphazard order at the moment and that has to change at some point if I want to get the whole thing running by the end of the year. The overall target is the convention at Easter next year, and that's going to take a bit of doing, without mentioning the locomotive roster.....

No comments: