Monday, June 20, 2011

BoxfileVI; Moving along

Things have been moving along in the last few days. I now have rails along the entire length of the modulettes.

However all is not quite what it seems. I've only got the outside rails on the second crossover, and have still to do the point blades.


I'm moderately surprised that the rails seem to line up OK when the layout is thrown together. I will have to add some better guides to make sure that the ends mate properly (almost) every time. Still, I've got 10 days to get it finished, or at least running.....

In other projects, progress is being made on the Cb. I've now got the sides on (the boiler is just sitting in place for the photo before anyone questions my modeling skills).

I'm still amazed at the size of the loco. Here its dwarfed by some W wagons.


The large layout has not been neglected either. I've got the throw wires in for the scissors crossover, and so once it gets glued down I should be able to get the main line running on the center module in the not too distant future.

1 comment:

beaka said...

nice work Herr Druff. that Cb is looking real nice. track work is always impressive to see, but your expert work at scratchbuilding always has me rushing to check the site for updates.well done.