Friday, June 03, 2011

Trackmaking XXX

I'm at home today with a head cold. not the most fun thing to have, but modern pills seem to make things better. I wonder how people survived without them (oh, that's right, they didn't).

I managed to spend some time out in the man-sion this afternoon when things warmed up a bit. The short job was to wire up the first module at least. So, digging out the DCC box, I connected up the wires. To my great surprise it worked. after some toing and froing with the locos I then decided to connect up the point frogs.

Things I have learned this afternoon.
1) I am no longer as young as I once was, and crawling under the layout is accompanied by a lot more groans.
2) No matter how many years you spend in the tertiary education system and how many letters you have behind your name, you still seem to screw up where the red and blue wires go 50% of the time.

At some point this weekend I must sit down and sort out a list of jobs to be done to get the track finished at least. However I'm starting to get distracted by ideas for smaller layouts.

No comments: