Saturday, July 30, 2011

Saturday

Another 2 hrs in the shed, a bit more progress made.

I started off by painting the PCB sleepers that I had put in last week. I then asked the fatal question "I wonder what it looks like from the other side?" After managing to shimmy up the backside of the layout, I was greeted by a sea of shiny nickel silver looking back at me. Off with the paintbrush again then...

Getting back to sleepering the mainline, I remembered that I had some Woodworks stripwood of the right size. I cut this to length in a card jig then glued it in place. Once it is painted it will be fine.


On another note, next weekend (all things being equal), I will be making trackwork and other soldering stuff at the Masterton show next weekend. Drop by and say hi. One thing I can't seem to find is a list of who or what will be there. Any English exhibition will have a list or the layouts attending, though I suppose that the Brits have a larger pool of famous layouts that people have seen in the model press before. A google search turns up the fact that the Wairarapa layout will be there, and that its 6.5m buy 3.5m. there are also layouts from Tauranga and Wellington there. Apart from that, zip. At least I now know where its on....

No comments: