Thursday, August 18, 2011

DCC programing



So, having got the new box out of the box, I had to plug it in to test the beast.
as it was a bit cold outside in the mansion, I've moved inside.

'The test track and surrounds'

After setting the various locos to their correct numbers, I discovered that I had wired all the chips in backwards. At least I was 100% consistent. Fortunately there is a CV that you can change to solve this so I don't have to unsolder everything. I then started playing with the acceleration/deceleration rates. This will be a good idea until the collision damage begins to mount up. Not content with this I then went a step further and reset the Cb's top speed down, as well as adjusting the mid range speed as well.

This weekend I will have to have a go at speed matching as one of the Ed's is faster than the other so MU'ing them is not that crash hot at the moment.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

last time we saw your Cb it was still in a semi-finished state, and here is a far away shot of it running. Wheres the evidential photo's of the completed Cb as proof the one in this photo isn't a fake?
Nice looking controller too...

Motorised Dandruff said...

http://motoriseddandruff.blogspot.com/2011/08/colour-me-dirty.html

I'm not smart enough to fake anything, and its a lot more work faking things than actually making the model.

Anonymous said...

I'm intrigued as to the part that tomato seeds play in DCC programming.

Kev

Motorised Dandruff said...

Keeping the wife happy....