Saturday, September 03, 2011

Saturday morning

Which is in danger of become the only blog post during the week.

This afternoon should see the completion of the last 2 points for the layout. This then leads to the largest stumbling block left at the moment which is the turntable pit. I'm not sure how deep the 70' pits were, but my guesstimate's would put it at about 4' give or take a bit. This should be able to be cut out of 5mm plywood using some modern technology thingy, and 2 layers will be about right with a bottom sheet to mount the mechanism. All contractors interested can tender to me by E-mail. (UPDATE. hang on, just found a plan for one on the hard drive collection)

Apart from that, there is a vague sort of feeling that I should be getting back into making some wagons. I need to do some for the Fell loco museum layout before I start getting visits from men in black suits carrying baseball bats. There are some thoughts lurking in the back of my brain about buying some more rubber and resin to do some casting. There is also the seriously stalled Ew project which I've been re looking at. I may have found as new way forward with the mechanism which I'm happier with, but will need to spend some time on it.

Apart from that, I've got nothing. feel free to talk amongst yourselves, or go and do some modeling.

1 comment:

sxytrain said...

My (3/16th) plan shows the centre depth from rail height to bottom of turntable frame is 5'2".