Sunday, October 02, 2011

Hidden progress

Got to spend some quality time in the shed today. Yah.

If I had soldered together a couple of random bits of brass into something vaguely approximating a prototypical object I would have felt like I made progress. Instead I spent the afternoon soldering up the power feeds for the loco depot on the middle module. Turn it over and nothing to show for 4 hours work. And, while I can now run a loco on all the tracks (bar some rail adjustments where things are a bit tight) , I still don't feel like I have achieved much at all. Just another box ticked, and a few more things to fix. At least the dead shorts I discovered were easy to find and fix.

And for some odd reason the Da DCC chips keep reverting to old deceleration settings. All a bit of a shock when one kills the juice and watch the loco sale blissfully on towards the end of the world.

No comments: