Saturday, October 22, 2011

In control

I've been doing a bit of thinking about location of control panels on the layout. There's 2 different competing demands. the first is that it has to be operatable (is that a word?) by one person at home, where it will spend 99% of its life. The other 1% will be in a drafty hall somewhere out in the exhibition wilds. This means that there has to be some plan ahead for 3-4 operators at times.

Most important is where to put the master control box. After a fair bit of thinking about it the middle seemed to be the obvious choice.

Deploy saws.....

Next we need a base plate for the controller. I was trying to sort out a mathematical way to get the shape correct, but reverted to the seat of my pants instead.

'Not that the seat of my pants are a rectangular quadrilateral'

Almost neat and tidy, but better than just sitting it on top of the frame members.
its also reminded me that at some point I will have to paint all the framework.

1 comment:

CaptainCarbon said...

Looks quite professional. For some reason though the arrangement reminds me of a scene where Dracula plays an evil tune on a pipe organ in his lair.