Tuesday, October 25, 2011

layout pictures time

A few pictures tonight just messing around, and asked for by the newly remonikered 'armless fetler'.

First up it was suggested that I should add some shape to show how the terrain will look. Now I'm really not keen to do this as its hard enough to move the modules round single handedly as it is without having anything in the way. plus I'm not finished under the hood yet, so to speak, and I still want to get at things. I then remembered that I had my wargaming cover cloths. a few pins and here we go.

'A good example of why you should always take 2 shots of the same scene...'


Now you will be thinking, 'that looks really good'. I found it terribly disappointing, as it does not fit my mental perception of how the overall scene is going to come together. I shot these two pictures and took everything back down inside 30 seconds.

Second up, here's the Waihao Forks layout with some wagons on it to give an idea of size.

I'm just a bit happier with this. Hopefully I will be working on part of this at Railex next weekend assuming I'm allowed to play with the VCC crowd.

No comments: