Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Platform 1

Ive been thinking for a while now about how to do the station platform. Most of this has centered around getting the base material. I've been thinking about getting some 5mm MDF for a while now, but have not had the chance to get out to a hardware shop in the last couple of weeks. The other night I was looking for something else I suddenly noticed that my new stock of foam core board was 5mm think. out with the knife and away we cut. It took an extra 5mm off the width (35 scale feet) to allow to add for a more precise top surface later. I also struggled to cut the foam core as it has a harder outer surface than the material that I'm use to. very good stuff though. I must raid Kiwirail for some more. Anyway, here is the photo.


Stuck down with no more nails. If it wasn't so sodding hard to get off fingers I would be in love with it.

1 comment:

Am_Fet said...

Lucky that stuff was there then!

Shall I prepare another raiding party, your Grace?