Monday, February 20, 2012

A bit late

Sorry for the complete lack of posts in the last week. For a variety of health reasons there has been not a lot of modeling going on. The lady of the house has not bean in the best of nick for a while now, and the end result was planned surgery last week. shes now on the mend.

So, modeling wise whats been going on. Well, I've done a wee bit more work on the wagons for the fell museum. in the collection of bits were a stack of Bachmann old time passenger cars. Completely useless but the bogies were useful. I cut the ends off and filed off all the spring details.

I've also completed the other cheap throttle for my zephyr. I still have to make a few adjustments to the electronic gubbins but they don't look too bad.


On a lesser note a quick look round the bigger DIY shops indicate that I will have to go with crappy 3mm MDF for the outer layer of the layout as I can't find thin ply locally. A pity as plywood is so much better to work with.

4 comments:

0-4-4-0T said...

I'm surprised Bunnings in Railway Rd doesn't have any 5mm plywood. Having used a lot of mdf in the past, I would recommend using plywood for any backscene if you can - especially if curved. Mdf pulverises into platelets of cardboard every time an edge gets bumped.

Motorised Dandruff said...

I'll have another look, it wasn't overly exhaustive.

Anonymous said...

Try Summit Distributors in Wanganui
www.summitply.co.nz

cheers
Nick

Motorised Dandruff said...

That looks promising, assuming they will just let me buy one sheet.