Tuesday, February 14, 2012

A bit of admin time

Ive just had a report that Norton Antivirus has fingered us

The Norton Anitvirus software has started declaring your blog site to be a site with known dangers that people should not visit. Detailed reports by Norton advise that there are two known risks on blogspot.com, both related to Facebook invitations to non-existent events that are actually "phishing" things.

Now I've had a quick look and found 1 ligit one, but only with a google search. There's 2700 comments so I'm not going through the lot. Sufficed to say you are all big boys and shouldn't click willy nilly on links.

I've also discovered that there is a spam folder in comments, which seems to have developed a liking for people named Steve, and for replies from esteemed guild members. I've left all these comments in the dead box, as its all long past and I can't be bothered re-hashing old arguments. It will just create animosity leading up to the convention, and I would like to go having pissed off as few people as possible. Now when I'm actually there, that's another thing entirely....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

makes you wonder what words these 'esteemed' guild members did use in their answers or comments to stuff 'Steve' posted on your blog that they ended up in the SPAM folder ay ? (one could think that's where they belong anyway, just saying...)

cheers...
steve w.

'dentiger' as in 'Pack den Tiger in den Tank' old Esso commercial

Motorised Dandruff said...

I acn only confirm that it was not an offer to make any parts of my anatomy larger....

beaka said...

or an offer to find your true love cause you have already got her,right!
I am of the opinion that some of these phishing sites are run by the disenchanted wives of armchair modellers.whoa! i'll be in trouble now.
SERIOUSLY!!2 words now required to post.
(I am not a robot-just an artificial intelligence.some people may question that however.)