Saturday, February 04, 2012

Saturday morning

Well, its been a week since I blogged anything. There have been suggestions that I have been busy modeling and not wasting time on the Wibbly Wobbly Wooo.

Instead, I've been reading military histories, which I have not done in a long time. Oh, and trying to think about ways to solve problems at work (chemistry problems, not 'why am I working here' problems). I painted 4 N scale figures to see how they came out (a British 19th century layout lurks somewhere at the back of my mind) and had another look at my 9V jump controllers (which still don't seem to make sense, but I'll see if someone else can solve that).

So, in short nothing useful.

I did some more looking into 4'6"wheels (prompted by Cabbage). It was pointed out that the 3mm society does 11mm 12 spoked wheels (well, it was listed that it existed) but there is no list on their website of what they actually sell. I could ascertain that the wheel standards fit the NMRA ones, but that was it. There is also a shop listed to sell 3mm stuff. Several e-mails later the shops says 'I don't sell them' which was bloody odd considering that they were listed them in the first place. A question on RMweb then lead to a reply 'why don't you join the 3mm society and buy them. Oh and you could model in 3mm scale and on 10.5mm track'. Grrrrr....
So, I could join the society (25 quid) on the off chance they will be able to sell me what I want (which I'm still not sure about anyway) when I don't want anything else from them (well I might, but they don't have a list online so how can I tell?). Its all a bit frustrating really.

Maybe if I win Lotto....

2 comments:

ben scaro said...

on the 3mm society's most recent list we have 11mm 10 spoke wheels in the finescale range. they are0069" wide and may be suitable for N track.

ben scaro said...

PS/

the trouble is that it's often not easy to work out what the 3mm society stocks. even members find it a challenge.