Monday, March 05, 2012

40 odd days and counting

Well, with the stunning number of NZ120ers that seem to be going to the convention, I'm not sure my layout will be needed. However, plodding along a minor job was started. I'd had the start of the fueling areas done for a while. Yesterday found me out in the shed working on the oil tanks. I had previously shaped the ends. I gave them a coat of grey acrylic paint and when dry, sanded them down to smooth. I did this twice. next up were the cradles. I made these from 6mm thick balsa wood. I cut out 25mm by 7mm pieces, and marking a center line, then sanded the tank contour into the top. I stopped when they were cut 1/2 way through.
A bit of glue and placing on the layout and we have..





Not much but at least it is a start. I will have to add the control buildings, and I'd love a picture or plan of what the filling stand pipes looked like. I will also have to have a go at the coaling stage end of the fuel point.

UPDATE; I forgot to add that in the middle of all this yesterday, the lady of the house put in an appearance, and the first question was 'So how is this getting to Wellington?'
'An excellent question' I replied.
I've got no ideas at the moment....

1 comment:

Cabbage said...

Maybe a large white van by chance??