Friday, April 06, 2012

If you are not here

Well, since by the time you read this I will be in Wellington talking crap (everyone needs a skill), here are a couple of photos of my competition entries.

I think its done, added the hand brake linkage and handrails the other night. There's some things that I would like to change, but that will have to wait for the others. Can't believe I need to do 15-20 of these...


Again, just about forgot to add the handrails, and have since cut the side chains short.
Oh, and there are 2 guards vans as well, but not as well made. It will be interesting to see how they get graded (and if the dreaded optivisor comes out)

All things being equal I hope to try some blogging from the convention itself, we'll see how it pans out.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on supurb effort there. Even under the all-exposing macro lens they look amazing. You don't realise how tiny these things are until you've seen them in the flesh. I think a few eyebrows will be raised at the convention - for good reason mind you! - SteveF

Anonymous said...

Amazing models. The really impressive thing is that through CAD and associated manufacturing genius by you guys they can be kits rather than one off scratchbuilds and that really opens the gates to scale nz120 modelling.
Shame I cant be at the convention to see the reaction.

Quentin

Kiwibonds said...

Applause.

That four wheeled hippopotamus wagon would have to be one of the finest NZ models ever made in any scale.