Monday, July 09, 2012

Its cold out here....

Its been 2 weeks since there has been any actual modeling on here, so time to rectify that a bit.
Moving forward on the main street of Paekakariki, I filled in the gaps between the rails at the level crossing with Das-like air dry clay. Once its dry I'll seal it with PVA, then sand and paint the whole road to get the same colour.


Second up, and a bit of an experiment. following the methods described on RMweb here I have laid a test piece of ash ballast at the loco depot. We will see what happens when it dries.


Last up, and it was sleeper laying time. Cutting them was a doddle compared to this. I'm just doing the spacings and lining up by eye, but using a ruler at the back so at least they line up with the PCB sleepers. The sleepers were pre-coloured by soaking in dilute black acrylic paint and then drying. I'll colour them properly after they are all in.

The colour does look about right for a branch line though, or the bush tram.

Only a Week to go to the palmy rail-X. Will be good to catch out with people.

Also, there has been some interest in another modelers day here at Schloss dandruff. The date would tentatively be the 21st of this month. last time we had 5, but only one local modeler. I think that we should be able to do better than that this time.

4 comments:

Luke Ueda-Sarson said...

She's lookin' good, Vern!

Kiwibonds said...

Hahaha.

That takes me back. There must be a whole generation scratching their heads...

Am_Fet said...

It worries me that I'm a member of the non-scratching generation...

Anonymous said...

aagh 21st won't suit me as I'll be in Wellington that weekend

Quentin